Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Healthcare 2.0

Ideas of web 2.0 are clearly not limited to peripheral activities such as social interactions (Facebook, MySpace). The power of networks lie in how they shape and reconfigure activities for enhanced value. My interest is because they shift roles of key players as well as how value will be created and captured.

So, I was pleasantly surprised to see healthcare embracing the 2.0 realm. Here is a good blog on healthcare that I read. There, I found a link to a conference on Health 2.0 with an interesting subtitle--User-generated healthcare taking place on June 15. I am anxious to see blogs on the conference as well as presentations from a cross-section of presenters--such as Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, WebMD, Kaiser Permanente and others. The list of presenters--albeit self-selected for this conference--shows the breadth of actors involved in the healthcare network.

No comments: